Kaleidoscope Toys is Round Rock's Oldest Neighborhood Toy Store!

What’s New at Kaleidoscope Toys

April 11, 2012

Introducing the Kaleidoscope Toys Friends Club

Hello friends of Kaleidoscope Toys!

We're rolling out an exciting new program for you & your family. Introducing...the Kaleidoscope Toys Friends Club

Hmmm. "Why the Friends Club?" some of you may ask. Why not just a rewards program or members club? What’s so different and special about the "Friends Club"? That’s a great question and one that I would expect from my savvy customers. The main reason is we don’t think of Kaleidoscope Toys customers as “just customers.” We really feel a much closer connection with each one of you. We really think of you as friends.

The next question you may be asking is "how did this all come about?"

A few weeks ago I went through a process called Branding. Branding a business is simply defining who you are. After 23 years you would think I knew the answer to that question. I thought I did, too. I didn’t.

The first thing I had to do was list all of my personality traits (which are all wonderful don’t you know), defining who I am as a person, a parent, a community member, and a business owner. I then listed my core values, or those things that I believe are important in life. Funny how the two lists really matched up quite nicely.

During the second step of the process I addressed the toy store. I had to answer, “What do we do for our customers?” The first couple of items on the list were easy - free gift wrap, free assembly, always have a welcoming attitude, that kind of thing. But lots of stores have that. So I had to go deeper (and order a second cup of coffee).

I started contemplating how we interact with you, our customer. I remembered how Claudia, who is from Germany, loves it when a fellow German comes in the store and they start a conversation in their native tongue. I remembered Jared and Randy and how they love to play and cut up with customers, which includes bouncing balls, shooting arrows, playing with the Thinking Putty - maybe that’s just a guy thing. And then there's Brittney, my youngest sales team member, who I’ve noticed likes to share with you the often overlooked toys. As for myself, well, the store is important to me, as is this community. I’ve lived in Round Rock for over 25 years now. It’s my home. It’s where my husband and I raised our 3 children. We're invested in this store and this community.

After much thought, I determined as a store we are dedicated to: service, play value, education, community/family and fun experience. That is what we are. That is what we try to provide you each and every time you step inside. You are more than “just a customer.” You are a friend.

Thus the Friends Club with lots of great benefits for you. We hope you sign up soon and feel the friendship we offer each and every one of you inside the store, as well as see it in tangible items that are part of the Club.


Kaleidoscope Toys Friends Club
We’ve made it really easy to be apart of the Kaleidoscope Toys family by combining ALL our benefits under one program. No more separate signs up for each of our programs.

Take advantage of even more benefits from your favorite neighborhood toy store!

As a member, now you can enjoy:

• Special member-only promotions and coupons via snail-mail and e-mail
• Good Toys catalog mailed 3 times per year
• Special “Friends only” pricing on select product
• Sneak Previews of exciting new product
• Advanced notice of promotions, events and sales
• Random Gifts and Freebies
• Entertainment invites
• Store Activities and Class discounts
• $10 Birthday Gift Certificate every year for ALL immediate family members
• Partnerships to your favorite qualifying charity

Sign up at the store next time you are in, or you can do it online at http://www.kstoy.com/read/60/friends-club/