Kaleidoscope Toys is Round Rock's Oldest Neighborhood Toy Store!

What’s New at Kaleidoscope Toys

February 27, 2011

SHOP FOR A CAUSE

As I was planning my March events for the store, I received an intriguing email from one of my customers; 8 year old Ella Salerno. She and her family have been regular customers of Kaleidoscope Toys for some years now. She said she was raising money ($5000 - on her own!) - for Charity: Water and was asking for a donation. On top of that, to show how determined she was, she was giving up her birthday presents this year and asking party goers to make an $8.00 donation instead!

Awwwww, I thought, how best to help this amazing child reach her goal? I could donate the $8.00 that she asked for, or .......... I could do more by involving my store & my customers.


Thus SHOP FOR A CAUSE - Charity: Water was born. Each Sunday in March, and there are 4 of them, 10% of the total gross sales will be donated to Ella's Charity: Water. Ella & I hope you will come out and support this worthy cause.


Charity: Water brings clean water to countries that need it. It's that simple and such a basic need. Charity: Water has funded 3811 water projects, serving 1,742,331 people worldwide. 100% of the public donations are used for these projects. Read more about this organization at Charity: Water. To read more about Ella's story, go to www.kstoy.com. And to make a direct donation, mycharitywater.org/ellagrace